Thursday, October 23, 2014

Zone One, Post Four

I actually really liked the end. I liked that the it was kind of open ended because each person can fill in the blanks themselves. Personally, I saw Mark Spitz going into the sea of zombies as suicide.  The ending had me interested and entertained. I wish the first part of the book was that interesting. I started to actually care what the characters were doing. For example, I was really engrossed in the book when Mark Spitz jumped off the truck to check on Gary and Kaitlyn. I wasn't sure if he was going to find Gary eating Kaitlyn, Kaitlyn getting eaten by other zombies or Gary missing. I was also concerned whether or not Mark Spitz was going to be able to get back to the "safe point" when he went to check on them. Another example is that I really like Mark Spitz and Mim's relationship. I'd like to imagine that if somehow they both made it through the apocalypse they would have stayed together. Even though I liked the ending, I probably wouldn't recommend this book to my friends because the rest of the book wasn't as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment